- Released Emerald City Dreamer on kindle.
- My first paid story was published at Journal of Unlikely Entomology: Let the Bugs Work Themselves Out
- I wrote several blog posts that continue to be popular, including Defcon 20: Coming of Age and Gender Politics on Game Night.
- I performed three public readings, one at Wayward Coffeehouse with Michael Montoure (to a packed audience), one at Defcon, and one at a Redmond Roaring Writers event.
- I recorded a reading of Right After Feeding Time.
- I sold a story (Beyond Earth's Summer Soul) and an essay to Penumbra for their Rising Talent section (published in 2013).
- Wrote and mostly finished first-round edits to Emerald City Iron.
- Did major edits to Emerald City Hunter (before shelving it for later)
- Wrote and submitted a handful of short stories, including Where the Eye Lacks Message for the Defcon short story contest.
It's good to put it down in one place - at the time it didn't seem like I was accomplishing this much.
My goals for 2013:
- Release Emerald City Iron on kindle.
- Release Emerald City Dreamer in print.
- Complete the first draft of the next Dreams by Streetlight novel.
- Begin a completely new project - A novel or novella set in a new world - probably my kombucha-inspired story I've been dying to get to.
- Sell two more short stories.
- Stretch goal, to publish a short story in a pro-paying market.
- Perform 3-5 readings.
- Be a panelist at a con.
Notice there aren't any marketing and sales goals - I take those as "givens" as part of releasing a new novel. I'd rather focus on producing than be distracted by written marketing goals.
If 2013 is anything like last year, I fully expect more surprises.