This year, I:
- Was a panelist at Radcon.
- Went to Rainforest Writer's Retreat and met lots of amazing people.
- Sold a story to a pro-paying market, Crossed Genres. It will also come out in a print anthology this year.
- Gave one reading (at Radcon).
- Released Emerald City Dreamer in print.
- I got diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. And started becoming an expert on autism.
- And now for something completely different, I wrote a 150,000 word nonfiction book, Releasing Agency: Lifting the Veil of Mormon Mind Control.
Emerald City Iron made it through the writer's group, and is ready for the next round of edits, when I can get to it.
I have a bunch of stories to submit, and one in particular is totally publishable. It's been rejected twice, both with a personal note from the editor, so I know it will sell. I just have to get it, and the others, out there. I set the bar pretty high for myself. I currently only submit stories to pro-paying markets until those venues are exhausted, and then I might send it to semi-pro markets. My time and splines are fairly limited, so I'd rather spend time aiming at high targets, being a perfectionist, and working on totally unplanned projects. ;)
So my goals for this year:
- Publish Recovering Agency in print and ebook.
- Market Recovering Agency, including launching a new website and giving interviews.
- Be a panelist at Radcon again.
- Be invited as a visiting pro at another con for 2015. Norwescon would be nice.
- Speak at Defcon.
- Speak elsewhere, either a seminar, or Exmormon Foundation, or some convention related to cults or religion, on the topic of mind control.
- Write a whole bunch of blog posts on autism and mind control.
- Release Emerald City Iron.
- Complete a major step in a novel: Either write the first draft of the next Dreams by Streetlight book or the second draft of The Sun Never Rises.
- Sell two stories to pro-paying markets. I'd really love to sell to an anthology.
So here's to 2014. May it be a very good year for all of us.